Tuesday, May 15, 2012

FIRST POST...HURRAH!

For my inaugural post, I figured--what could be more suitable than a fashion illustration?--one of my firsts after a lengthy hiatus. Sort of a first for a first, I suppose. First!

I've been so hung up on hammering out the layout of my new blog and making it beautiful before posting anything. But tonight I decided just to pump something out and worry about that later. After all, if you leave it to an old man to build a website on his own before rolling out the content, you may never live to see the blog go live.

Here it is: watercolour, ink, and pencil crayon on paper. Can you guess who/what this was inspired by? Ten Old Man Points to he who makes the first correct guess.


2 comments:

  1. That really looks like Vanessa Paradis, this French singer and actress who wa married to Johnny Depp. No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This isn't her but I do love Vanessa's look--she has such a haunting beauty to her. It's funny because the subject actually looks nothing like the inspiration...ha!

    ReplyDelete